Sizzling Summer Indoor Tournament
August 14, 2021
Annual General Meeting
June 16, 2021
6pm - Agenda Packet
Valley Cup 2022
May 21-22, 2022
Visit the tournament page for application deadlines and fees.
SALLY Games 2022Will be held in 2022
Visit the SALLY Games website for the most current information:
Football Rule Changes - 2019-2020 Season
Looking for a Team?
We have you covered for team play or the next upcoming tournament. Fill out the form below.
Cherry Island Rainout Number
SVWSL's full Rules and Procedures as of June 16, 2021
(or you can use the button at the lower left of this page)
Summary of Rules of Play for SVWSL Team Managers
Home team must:
- Provide game ball
- Provide game card (only 18 players may be listed)
- Provide alternate jerseys (if needed)
Mandatory forfeit: (forfeiting team may be subject to forfeit fine)
- Failure to start game with at least 7 players within 15 minutes of game time
- Failure to provide player passes
- Failure to provide net and corner flags
- Failure to provide cancellation notice to opponent, SVWSL Referee Coordinator, and SVWSL President no later than Sunday before game
- Failure to provide cancellation notice the Sunday before the game will require payment of a $100 fine and may also require payment of referee fees for both teams.
- Play an ineligible player
Forfeiting and non-forfeiting teams:
- Are "obligated" to play friendly game
- Refusal to play a friendly WILL result in a minimum $100 forfeit fine
Referees are "obligated" to stay and referee all games. Referees are paid to referee all games including games that forfeiting or non-forfeiting teams refuse toplay. League rules apply to all friendly games.
SVWSL Code of Ethics
Players, coaches and spectators shall model inclusive behavior, actively supporting cultural diversity while opposing all types of discrimination, including but not limited to racism.
We are committed to diversity that encompasses all those differences that make us unique, including, but not limited to race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sexual orientation, religion, gender, socio-economic status, age, and physical and mental ability.
SVWSL Adopts “Fair Play” in League supported events
“Fair Play” is a complex notion that comprises and embodies a number of values that are fundamental not only to sport but also to everyday life. Respect, friendship, team spirit, fair competition, respect for written and unwritten rules such as equality, integrity, solidarity, tolerance, care, excellence and joy, are the building blocks of “Fair Play” that can be experienced and learned both on and off the field. More information on “Fair Play” is at
Rules of Play for SVWSL Referees
- Check in teams 10 minutes before game time
- Change jersey if there is a conflict with team colors
- Referee all games, including games which are forfeit, if there are at least 7 players per team (teams may share players)
- Note any problem with player passes, nets or corner flags on the game card
- Mail all game cards within 24 hours of the game
- If yellow or red card issued, note player's name and team name on the game card
- If there is a red card, retain the player's pass and notify the Referee Assignor and the SVWSL PAD Chair within 24 hours
- Require all knee braces to be covered with covering
- Failure to start game with at least 7 players within 15 minutes of game start time
- Failure of team to provide player passes or nets + corner flags
- Playing an ineligible player
Referees are paid to referee ALL games including games that are forfeit. League rules apply to all friendly games.